Last Updated -
BASIC PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Under the direction of the Scheduling Operations Coordinator, is responsible for, but not limited to, the provision and coordination of non-emergency medical transport services to patients.
1. Receives request for transport services.
2. Provides appropriate and timely pick-up, transfer, and delivery of patients for non-emergency medical services or other services deemed necessary to the patient plan of care and assures continuation of services for return home.
3. Keeps necessary records pertaining to patient transport services.
4. Assists in promoting and developing overall goals of transport services as may be directed.
5. Provides reasonable care to assigned vehicle(s) in accordance with the recommended maintenance schedule and as directed.
6. Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
7. Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
8. Maintains obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and rules and regulations, as pertaining to agency operations to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
9. Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
1. Clean driving record required – experience preferred.
2. Demonstrated organizational ability.
3. Effective verbal and written communications skills.
4. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
5. Ability to perform tasks requiring lifting and transfer of patients.
6. 18 years of age or older
7. Eighth (8th) grade math and reading skills
8. Availability by phone.
9. NYS approved Safe Driver’s Course every three years.
Job Type: Full-time