BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under general supervision of the Center Manager, plans, organizes, and implements the transportation services of the day health center and medical services as well as scheduling medical appointments as established by the participant plan of care.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Total Senior Care policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Plans and coordinates all scheduling activities related to transportation for Total Senior Care participants.
- Conducts initial and periodic transportation needs assessment to determine appropriate level of service necessary.
- In accordance with participant plan of care and IDT authorization, schedules medical appointments with necessary coordination with clinic, home care and caregivers.
- Serves as liaison to contracted transportation carriers dispatch offices.
- Conducts PACE related orientation and training for contracted drivers.
- Monitors for safety and ensures program compliance of daily activities of the contracted drivers/aides.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and cost effectiveness while balancing program quality and satisfaction.
- Responds to grievances and actively works to resolve issues.
- Ensures that all necessary program records are maintained according to policy.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and contributes to the development and revision of the participant plan of care.
- Completes other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and reflects organizational values in daily work.
- Serves on agency committees as may be assigned.
- Maintains an obligation to report wrongdoing/violation of agency policies, applicable federal, state, and local laws, and rules and regulations pertaining to agency operations, to immediate supervisor or identified compliance officer.
- Completes all mandatory inservice education programs and completes any other additional inservice hours that are minimally required for the position.
The above examples of work may not be a complete statement of all assignments that may be inherent to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Center Manager, Program Director, or President/CEO.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. At least two years related work experience; supervisory experience preferred.
3. One-year experience working with the frail elderly.
4. One-year experience as a Transportation Coordinator preferred.
5. Acceptable driver’s license and automobile available for use with current insurance.
6. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
7. Ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations.
8. Demonstrated computer literacy.
9. Problem-solving and communication skills.
10. Must be able to move about freely, lift a minimum of 20 lbs., possess manual dexterity and have visual acuity to see. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
All interested candidates should apply directly through Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=homecare%20%26%20hospice&l=Olean%2C%20NY&vjk=8483b488b99c8050&advn=3711589486224812